Sunday, November 12, 2006

The first entry

Welcome to my long-awaited first posting. I have been meaning to start this blog for a little while, but being the psycho perfectionist that I am, I keep mindlessly screwing around with the settings in the hope of making it the coolest looking blog around . Finally I realised that I had spend more time attempting (and then re-attempting) to fix it up and less time actually writing the damn thing. I even spend more time thinking of a name for this site than putting up a post for everyone to read. For all my geeky friends, I promise all add lots of cool stuff later. ie flickr slideshow, delicious tags etc. Anyway I digress...back to the topic at hand.

The purpose of this blog is to firstly record the experiences and stories the boys and I have as we travel into China and the rest of the world. Secondly, after spending god knows how many months researching and monitoring blogs at work, it seemed like the appropriate thing to do. Plus, it is much better than writing emails all the time. Throughout the trip, I will endeavour to post as much as possible and put up as my photos as I can.

Right now its Sunday. We just had our farewell party last night at Sloan and Turks place , which was awesome. I have four more days till I leave Australia and to journey into China. To be quite frank, I feel a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing- cold feet I believe the expression goes. The thought of not knowing what the hell you will be doing and where you will be is strange.Anyway, I have a ton of packing and random things that need doing, but I promised myself I would post at least once before I went to China, so here it is.

-e-

p.s- the title of the blog - well "why not" I blatantly took from a friend of mine, and 46 - to any boarders reading this, you might remember its significance.

No comments: