- The First Insight... A Critical Mass
- The Second Insight... The Longer Now
- The Third Insight... A Matter of Energy
- The Fourth Insight... The Struggle For Power
- The Fifth Insight... The Message of the Mystics
- The Sixth Insight... Clearing the Past
Here the four main "control dramas"—the Interrogator, the Intimidator, the Aloof and the Poor Me—are discussed. Each person unconsciously prefers one of these four to suck energy out of others (as described in the Fourth Insight). A way of getting these under control is disclosed.
- The Seventh Insight... Engaging the Flow
- The Eighth Insight... The Interpersonal Ethic
- The Ninth Insight... The Emerging Culture
Redfield acknowledged that the work of Dr. Eric Berne and his book Games People Play, the 1964 bestseller, was a major influence on his work. Specifically, the life games to which Dr. Eric Berne refers in his book are tools used in an individual's quest for energetic independence. The Celestine Prophecy was originally self-published by Redfield, who sold 100,000 copies out of the trunk of his Honda before Warner Books agreed to publish it.
- The Tenth Insight. . . Holding the Vision
- The Eleventh Insight. . . Extending Prayer Fields