Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Neil Finn Parables



Everything is good for you/ If it doesn't kill you/ Everything is good for you/ One man's ending is another one's beginning/

I'd much rather have a caravan in the hills/ I'd much rather have a mansion ... in the hills/ Than a mansion in the slums

Do I lie like a loungeroom lizard/ Or do I sing like a bird released

Still so young to travel so far/ Old enough to know who you are/ Wise enough to carry the scars

Tell me all the things you would change/ I don't pretend to know what you want/ When you come around and spin my top

5 comments:

Simon said...

Man New Zealanders are awesome!

Anonymous said...

There's also,"Where's my faith, is it lost, can't see it till I cast it off", and "A whisper that could blow a chasm wide, it took us all", and all of Catherine Wheels. Your blog came up on my Neil Finn Google alert, hope you don't mind me commenting.

Anonymous said...

By the way, have you found Neil's voice and lyrics as comforting as I have? They have helped me get through my darkest hours.

Edward Harran said...

Nice him (and all of Crowded House) songs very calming. rebalances these things. music therapy.

Loving the song track 3 off Neill Finn and Friends...cant recall what is called.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Give us some lyrics so we can guess track 3!